Our tax preparation fees are based on the forms required to complete your return. Below are some general examples of the price range for common returns. Tax prep fees include preparation, filing, and your printed copy (+ PDF if requested) only, and assume complete books/records in good condition. Additional bookkeeping required to complete your return will be billed hourly or based on terms mutually agreed upon. The below figures are general ranges and will be accurate for most returns, but it’s possible for a return to be less than or more than these ranges as well.
Basic Individual/Family Returns: $275 – $400+
Price range covers most tax returns with some or all of the following: 1040 and Oregon 40/40P/40N, Dependents, W-2 income, and Child Tax Credit.
Standard Individual/Family Returns: $400 – $525+
Price range covers most tax returns with some or all of the following: All forms listed in Basic, plus Schedule A Itemized Deductions, 1099-Rs, Social Security, Interest & Dividends, Education Credits, Retirement Savings Credit, and Fed/State extension (no calculation of balance due).
Advanced Individual/Family Returns: $425 – $600+
Price range covers most tax returns with some or all of the following: All forms listed in Basic & Standard, plus HSA forms, Charitable Non-Cash Contributions over $500, Residential Energy Credits, Capital Gain/Loss Sch D, K-1 forms, Sch H Household Employer, Premium Tax Credit, Earned Income Credit, and Dependent Care Credit/Oregon WFC, and Fed/State extension.
Self-Employed/Rental Returns: $450 – $700+
Price range covers most tax returns with some or all of the following: All forms listed in Basic, Standard and Advanced, plus ONE business (Schedule C – Sole Proprietor or Single Member LLC only), rental (Schedule E), or farm (Schedule F), including Depreciation and Amortization, Sec 179 expense, SE tax calculations, Self Employed Health Insurance Deductions, SEP planning and deductions, Estimated Tax calculations for Fed and State, Tri-Met return (including extension if needed), and City of Portland/Multnomah County return or Exemption (including extension if needed). Additional Sch C, E or F $100 – $200. Required bookkeeping billed at $100/hr.
1099/1096: $35 – $50+
Includes preparation of 1099 forms and 1096 Informational return. First 1099 + 1096 is $35 if we are also preparing your tax return; $50 as a stand-alone service. Additional charges for Oregon iWire and/or postage and handling. Cost does not include determining amounts for 1099 forms, which will be charged at an hourly rate if needed.
Tax Return Review: $100 Per Year
This review will look over your previously filed tax return to make sure that all possible credits and deductions were claimed, and all required forms were filled out correctly. You will also be able to ask questions relevant to the year being reviewed. The review report will list any errors found, along with an explanation of potential consequences and advice on what to do next. Cost of review is applied towards tax prep fees should you decide to have us amend the return. *ONLY available in the off season, May 1st – January 1st.
Factors That Could Impact Pricing
· Income over $125,000. If your are a higher income earner and live or work in the Metro district or Multnomah County you may be subject to additional taxes. There is a charge to complete these returns.
· Income over $200,000. You are typically required to pay additional Medicare and possibly net investment income taxes. There is a charge to complete these forms.
· Sale of a Home, sale of stock, K-1 income, and trust or estate income may require additional forms. There is a charge to complete these forms.
· Having over $10,000 is foreign financial assets. Additional forms and returns may be required. There is a charge to complete these returns and forms.
· Income from another state or moving during the year. Additional state returns may be required. There is an additional charge to complete these returns.